With the sweltering summer season around the corner, you must be looking for ways to beat the heat. A window air conditioner is a fantastic alternative if you want a traditional, economical way to remain comfortable during the scorching summers.
Also, it is a dependable option for cooling rooms of varying sizes, and the latest models are quieter and more energy-efficient than ones from a decade ago. However, you must note that a window AC will only keep you comfortable when the AC installation in Sarasota takes place accurately with the help of expert professionals.
Moreover, as the positioning of your window AC impacts the machine’s cooling capacity, you must keep in mind the following points.
- The Air Conditioner Altitude
The height of AC units gets determined by the anthropometry of the human body in any given environment. When the upper section of the body, or the torso, detects airflow, the human body is at a safe temperature.
So, according to anthropometry, we sense air that is 3 to 5 feet above the ground. As a result, it is better to get the air conditioning system installed at this height to achieve efficient cooling. Also, as the cool air settles down while hot air rises, you must ensure keeping the altitude of your machine low.
- Window Sill
In the window where you place your air conditioning system, the window sill should be 3-4 feet above ground level. Also, as the window AC unit’s air distribution system is in the unit’s centre, the air from the AC unit flows in a straight line.
As a result, the recommended height for installing a window air conditioner is 3ft – 4ft (0.9 – 1.2m) above the floor level. Moreover, allow at least 4 inches (100mm) of clearance above the drop ceiling or slab to allow return air to enter the AC.
Also, because hot air is lighter, it rises to the top of the AC unit. While the AC is running, the circulation continues.
Important Points to Remember While Installing a Window AC
- Ensure that the window or wall on which the window air conditioning system gets installed is sturdy enough to bear the load of your air conditioner.
- The wooden frame attached to the window or wall should be strong enough to take the load of the AC frame, and it should be tough enough so that the air conditioning system won’t vibrate.
- When choosing the area of your window air conditioning unit, you should look for the structures located outside the wall. The heat from the sun and buildings near your place raise the air temperature and decrease your machine’s effectiveness.
- Do not install the window air conditioning system adjacent to any heating equipment or the entry or in the corner. All these will lead to your machine losing its cooling capacity.
If you want your window air conditioning system installed accurately, so it never demands frequent AC repair in Sarasota, FL, Gator Air Conditioning can help you.
To schedule an installation or AC repair session, feel free to call us at (941) 749-6000 anytime, and we would love to assist you.